Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Revolving Around Recordings: DVR Drama

In my house, the controller controls us. It's a sick obsession that I believe will eventually the break the Brandlers up for good. Okay, maybe it's not that bad, but it's bad enough to cause me to scream, "DAMMIT DAD! HOW DARE YOU STOP FOUR OF MY FAVORITE SHOWS JUST TO RECORD MOBY DICK!" from my tv room to his. And yes, in our house we dont have bedrooms, we have tv rooms. 4 tvs and 4 dvrs and still it just isn't enough. Tonight I had my bff over to watch the once a week two hour episode of the Bachelorette and wuddaya know! Of course my dad only let the first hour record before deciding to cancel the recording. So when I brutally confront him about doing so, what does he say? "I didn't know you liked The Bachelorette!" Of course you didnt, its not like Nickey and I sitting on the edge of our seats in cocktail attire with fake roses every Monday would give it away. So thanks Dad, and hey, if you're wondering where all your Cash Cab recordings have gone, i deleted them. What!? You expect me to know that you like the Cash Cab just because you have 42 hours of it recorded that you are just dying to watch? Basically what once started out as everyone having 1 "this is my show, I wait all week for this show" has now turned into about 6 must-see shows each, and maybe 26 if you're me. It's taking over our territory and I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments: